Licences required for Bar Restaurant

Hotel consultants

Licenses/Certificates to be obtained by Restaurants-Mumbai (Maharashtra) 15.06.2009 AHAR (Indian Hotel & Restaurant Association) Mumbai has compiled a list of Licences and Certificate required to open and operate Restaurant and Bar in Mumbai. We are re producing the same for the benefit of entrepreneurs.

1. Shops & Establishment Certificate 2. BMC Health License ( to serve food) 3. BMC Health License (to serve Liquor) 4. Maharasthra License under Food and Drug control Act, Govt. of India 5. Grading Certificate namely, I,II and III 6. Chapra or Board License of BMC under Health Department 7. Medical/Health Certificate of the Kitchen Staff on yearly basis (specially of food handlers & waiters) 8. Grinding Stone Or Heavy Machine operating permission from BMC 9. Water Connection Certificate as per Grade. 10. Drainage Inspection Certificate once in two years 11. Neon-Sign Board Or Glow Sign Board License-provided it carries any advertisement 12. BMC:Pollution Clearance Certificate-from Environment Department,Worli. 13. Maharashtra State’s Weights & Measurement Department Certificate and it’s approval every year as per the M.W. & M Act,1976,1977,1985 Amendement Act, 1987 and MRP. 14. BMC-Rationing Permission to obtain food grains like Rava,Maida,Atta,Rice,Sugar etc., 15. ESIC Certificate for the shop employing more than ten staffs under Govt. of India ESIC Rule 50.51 and 1952. 16. Provident Fund Registration if number of employees is more than twenty. 17. Maintenance of REgistger of working staff on daily basis and temporary basis for the inspection. 18. Professional Tax Certificate of Employees. 19. Professional Tax Certificate for Employer. Certificate of Registration under Sub Sec. 1 of Sec 5 MAH/L Tax on Profession, Trade Kingsfork and Employment Act,1975. 20. Permission from Electric Supply Companies to operate heavy machine like Air-Conditioners, Cooling Plant, M/C, Grinding M/C etc., (Department PWP) 21. Permission to operate more than two cylinder of gas at a time from BMC, Health Department. 22. Permission & Certificate from CFO from fire department to operate more than two gas cylinders in hotel premises. 23. Insurance of entire shop (Hotel) against natural calamities,fire,theft,robbery or any other damages(Not mandatory but advisable to do). 24. Maintenance of Payment Register as per Bonus Act a & B 1965 (Annual Returns in Form-D) 25. Police Registration Certificate 26. License to keep place of Public Entertainment-by Bombay Police Act, 1951 27. Sales Tax Registration Certificate under Bombay Sales Tax under Sec. 22/22A-1059. 28. Sales Tax Registration Certificate for Permit Room on Monthly Return basis Bombay Sales Tax Act, 1998. 29. PNR for the said Hotel Or Restaurant Business from Income Tax Department 30. The performing Rights Society Ltd., Govt. of India. Copy Rt. Office Department of Education Form II D (See Rule 14B 1952) 31. PPL (Phonographic Performance License) for sound recorded music, Royalty to the singer etc., u/s. 33 (B) of CRA 1957 32. Bank Guarantee Certificate for opening new Permit Room in said Hotel,equivalent to the existing license fee on the date of issue. 33. Nokarnama of each Employee’s Certificate with photograph. Form F.L.XIV Rule 22 (2) 49 40 (2) FOR PERMIT ROOMS 34. Entertainment Tax Certificate and approval from Collector’s Department, Mumbai on Dance / Permit Room conducting dance. 35. State Excise and Prohibition License for Permit Room Renewal every year. 36. Excise Account Register Brandwise FLR 1/A Register Book FLR3/A 37. Excise Register : FLR 6-Rule 15 (b) Individual Permit No Register Book 38.Excise Total Account Register on FLR-3 39 Excise Beer Register-Form BEER-A 40.Monthly Statement of Excise Log Book-Form FLR-4 41.Excise Officer’s Visit Book to be endorsed on monthly basis. 42.Customer’s Drinking Permit-As per Rule (FLX-C) Rule 70-D.


One thought on “Licences required for Bar Restaurant

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s